Craft Service Snack Idea: Greek Salad Stuffed Pitas
My Greek salad stuffed Pitas were a big hit with the cast and crew of my recent gig, “The Neighborhood.” I made them twice over the four week shoot and both times they were gobbled up quickly!
They were relatively simple to make and an excellent choice for a summertime craft service snack.
Here’s my recipe:
- Tomatoes (cherry, grape, plum or a medley)
- English or Persian cucumbers
- Red Onion
- Romaine Lettuce
- Feta Cheese
- Kalmata Olives
- Small Pitas
- Italian or Greek Dressing
- If you're going to make this recipe on set as I did, pre-wash your vegetables.
- Dice tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and add to a large bowl.
- Chop romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces then slice the kalmata olives and add both to bowl with the diced vegetables.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the vegetables then add enough dressing to coat.
- Mix until vegetables, olives, cheese and dressing are well blended.
- Slice the tops off the pitas and stuff with the salad.
- I used a tomato medley, Persian cucumbers, and Italian dressing.
Join the CraftySnax Craft Service Facebook Group and share your ideas and experiences!