Craft Service Snack Idea: Mini Chicken & Waffles
If you want to really give your cast and crew a treat, make them chicken and waffles! They’ll love ’em! No one can say for sure the exact origins of the combination but the story I’m familiar with originates at a 1938 Harlem supper club.
Wells Supper Club was the go to spot for jazz musicians after their late night gigs. However, when they arrived at the club they were too late for dinner and too early for breakfast so the Wells proprietor created a compromised dish…
A little dinner (chicken) with a little breakfast (waffles). The best of both worlds!
you may also be interested in 16 Tasty Snacks That Won’t Break The Craft Service Budget
You can easily emulate this delicious combination on set with a just a toaster oven.
Here’s my recipe:
- Frozen Chicken Fingers
- Mini Waffles
- Pre-heat toaster oven according to directions on the chicken finger package.
- Place as many chicken fingers in your toaster oven as will fit.
- Cook for as long as instructed on the package.
- When done, remove chicken finger and line toaster oven tray with mini waffles and cook as directed.
- Meanwhile, cut cooked chicken fingers into bite sized pieces.
- When mini waffles are toasted, place on a serving tray and top with chicken finger pieces.
- Drizzle with syrup, stick a toothpick in each combination and serve.
- Be sure to have a box of toothpicks on hand for easy pick up by cast and crew.
Join the CraftySnax Craft Service Facebook Group and share your ideas.
Looking for information on how to get started in craft services? Start here.